Ceilings are one of the most important elements of your home as they offer the maximum unobstructed view of any interior space. False ceilings can lend a definitive look and feel to your rooms and help you create a unique ambience. Besides transforming the aesthetics of a room, false ceilings offer immense functional benefits that translate into better lit, cooler, quieter and more energy efficient rooms.
Why Choose False Ceilings
False ceilings are not just a design element. They also offer several performance benefits.
- A designer look for your homes: a style statement that reflects your personality.
- Elegant and smooth finish: No waviness and unevenness that you would get with plastered surfaces.
- options: False ceilings can truly light up your home by opening up options such as spot lighting (white lights for reading) and mood or diffused lighting (for parties or a relaxed atmosphere).
- Concealed wiring: Wiring for overhead fixtures like fans, lights, air-conditioners can be easily routed between the false ceiling and the soffit. This eliminates the need for a tangle of wires on your ceiling and enhances the look of your home.
- Energy efficiency: False ceilings reduce the air volume of a room and as a result, the air-conditioning load. So, you end up paying lower power bills.
- Thermal insulation: Top floor apartments or independent houses where the terrace above the ceiling is exposed to the sun can get uncomfortably hot in summers. False ceilings provide thermal insulation by creating an air gap between the soffit and the false ceiling. This makes the room much cooler.
- Sound insulation: A common problem in an apartment complex is the sound coming from the apartments above. A false ceiling reduces this sound by providing an insulating surface between your home and the one above.